Who the Hell...?

My photo
My name is Alan Washburn, and I am a graphic artist, web designer, and pencil/paper artist looking to get more into digital works. This blog is for sketches and finished work, as well as a place for me to rant and rave as need be.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Good News, Bad News

First, the good news: The project I had been working on will be releasing in just over a week.

Brink of Battle: Skirmish Gaming Through the Ages will be releasing on March 19th (though you can check it out early at Conquest Sacramento if you happen to be in the area next weekend). Together with with the talented Mothbot, I worked on the layout and design of the book, focusing mainly on the diagrams. I also put together the website, army rosters, and a smidgen of other marketing-related graphics for the project.

The game itself is a tabletop miniatures gaming system that focuses on play at the skirmish level (3-20 models). It's extremely unique in its execution and I would genuinely count it among the best (if not the best) miniature games I've ever played.

You can check out some basic information, complete with an overview, over at brinkofbattle.com if you're curious to learn more about it. I'm very excited about it because it's the first thing any of my work has been published in, even though it's technically just the diagrams and some of the graphic work. If it does well, though, there will be another supplement soon to follow that will definitely be featuring more actual artwork, including some of mine.

The bad news, though, is that because of work on the Brink of Battle project, as well as an unexpected twist in my day job, I had to drop out of the Battle Artist competition for this week. Just not gonna have time to finish working on that in addition to everything else on my plate, and while that bums me out, I know I'll jump back into that as soon as I have the chance.

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment